Which Yoga do we teach?
We are trained and teach in the tradition of Professor Krishnamacharya and his son Sir TKV Desikachar. We propose a classic form of Hatha Yoga which puts emphasis on the breathing and the coordination of movements with breath. We believe yoga is good for everybody at any time of your life and requires the practice to evolve with the practitioner as the needs are different throughout the life.
What to expect?
We know all our students and are able to design our classes to our students needs.
- Students are asked to fill up a confidential health questionnaire, which the teachers use to propose personalised advices & adaptations or alternative postures (even in group classes). This way, each student can make the best of the proposed posture or breathing technique based on his/her own capacity (body & breath).
- Depending on the goals (stimulating, energising, calming, cooling, soothing), we combine postural practices with more subtle tools of yoga such as breathing techniques (pranayama practices), visualisation, relaxation, mindfulness and meditation.
Yoga provides a holistic path to a better health and a happy life.
In current fast pace world, it is crucial to “re-learn” certain simple though essential things such as:
- being able to relax & let go sometimes
- being able to focus on ONE thing at a time
- and of course being able to take care of yourself (body & mind), before your body reminds you to do so.
“Life is a balance of holding and letting go”
Krishnamacharya (1888-1989) was one of the most influential yoga masters of modern time. Over the course of his long life he shared his knowledge of Yoga as a holistic healing discipline with thousands in his own country and with many others who came to study with him from Europe and America.