Extract yourself from your daily routine to recenter and restore your energy. Give yourself the space you need to meet your true self that tends to get lost. This is the essence of this Yoga & Meditation retreat in Portugal. Whatever your age, your physical ability and your current knowledge of yoga, our retreats are suspended moments that provide you the space and time to create new routines and eventually initiate a real change in your life. Josephine and I will be happy to accompany you on this path.”
Your Yoga & Meditation retreat in Algarve, Portugal
- 5 days / 4 nights at the Montevelho Retreat centre in Carrapateira (3h from Lisbon by car or bus / 30min from Aljezur or Lagos). Arrival on November 15th, 4pm and departure on November 19th, 11am.
- Full board accommodation (Breakfasts, Lunches and Local Organic Vegetarian Dinners)
- Accessible to all
- Daily yoga practices combining postural work, breathing (prānāyāma) and mantras
- Dynamic and static guided meditations
- Silence experience
- Vedic chanting & mantras
- A gentle & traditional yoga teaching method with a high dose of individualisation
- Small group workshops to deepen your practice and personalise the teachings
- A unique location in the middle of nature – Costa Vicentina national park
- Very comfortable heated rooms and a large practice room with a breathtaking view of the ocean.
- Exceptional food prepared daily on site by a dedicated chef: Vegetarian & Organic cuisine (vegan, gluten free & lactose free options available)
- Individualised approach: A one-to-one interview on zoom before the retreat will allow us to define together your objectives and to refine the programme.
- 2 experienced teachers to guide you during this course: Céline Chambat & Joséphine Cantona.
- Exceptional massages are available at our retreat (ayurvedic massages & full body as well as Kobido facial massage).
- Access to the most beautiful beaches of the Vicentine coast only 5 minutes away by car and to breathtaking trail and walking paths.
- And also … digital detox, sleep & bath of nature
Céline is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist, certified in the Krishnamacharya tradition (RYS500 Yoga Alliance and Institut Français du Yoga). She teaches a gentle yet traditional yoga – postures, breathing, mantras – that is open and accessible to all. In her practice as a yoga therapist, she accompanies her students on their path of healing or transformation & help them develop a personal practice. She will teach workshops and evening practices.
Joséphine, yoga teacher, is passionate about movement and well-being. Her teaching style ranges from dynamic creative flows to restorative meditative practices. She will be teaching the morning practices. Josephine is also trained in wellness and therapeutic massages. She will be offering Swedish-inspired body massages (focus on muscle tensions) and a Japanese facial massage (anti-aging, relaxing and energising technique).
Algarve Retreat Experience
Price & Other practical information
✭ Tuition fees: 420€ per person
- If you have already participated in one of our retreats, the “Returning Yogi tuition fee” will apply: 380€ per person.
- Duo offer: 30% off on the tuition fees for the 2nd person: A saving of 125€.
- To be paid as a deposit for registration.
✭ Accommodation options (Price per person / to be paid on top of the tuition fees)
- Full-board stay in shared room for 2 (Large room composed of 2 different spaces separated by a door with 1 attached shared bathroom): 460€ per person
- Full-board stay in shared room for 3 or 4 persons (Large room composed of 2 different spaces separated by a door with 1 attached shared bathroom. Each space has 2 single beds): 410€ per person
- Full-board stay in single deluxe room (king size bed & attached bathroom): 760€ per person
- Full board stay in the forest house (composed of 2 bedrooms, a private living space with a stunning mountains and ocean view, a terrasse and a bathroom). Single room occupancy: 760€ per person . Shared room 2 persons: 460€ per person
- Full-board stay for a couple in single luxury room (1 king size bed & attached bathroom): 920€ for 2 persons
- Full-board accommodation in dormitory (6 beds & shared toilet and bathroom outside): €330
- Self-arranged accommodation (no accommodation provided on site, all meals are provided): €265
✭ 🧘🏼♀️ Karmayogi 🧘♂️
We will host up to 2 karmayogis at a very preferential rate in exchange for you to contribute in your own way (service, transport, etc). Contact Céline to discuss.
✭ Terms & conditions
- A deposit of 420€ is required to confirm the booking. The balance is due 2 months before the start of the course.
- This fee includes the teachings (minimum 20 hours), full board accommodation (except for the self-arranged accommodation option). All rooms are very comfortable and heated, as well as the practice area, the yoga shala.
- The price does not include: transportation to the retreat, your travel insurance and other expenses during the stay (massages, individual consultations etc).
✭ Cancellation policy:
- If you cancel up to 2 months before the start of the course, the course fees can be carried over to a future retreat.
- If you cancel less than 2 months before the start of the course, whatever the reason for the cancellation, only the course fees can be carried forward to another retreat.
- In the event that we are forced to cancel the retreat for any reason, we will give you a full refund of what has been paid to us. However, any other bookings you may have made (flights, hotels, etc.) will remain your responsibility. We encourage you to take out travel insurance if you wish to cover any risks.
✭ Transfer to and back from the Algarve retreat:
Closer to the start of this event, we will help you coordinate your arrival. There are frequent buses between Lisbon and Aljezur or Lagos (about 15€). We usually offer carpooling options from Lisbon or Faro when the group is formed.
Detailed schedule of your Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Portugal
Before the retreat:
A 20-30 minutes online individual consultation with Céline or Joséphine
to discuss/understand your goals
Wednesday 15th November 2023:
4-5pm – Arrivals & check-in
5pm – Opening Ceremony
7pm – Dinner
Thursday 16th, Friday 17th and Saturday 18th of November 2023:
7:30am – Dynamic 90′ morning practice (with Joséphine)
9:00am – Breakfast
11am to 1pm: Workshop / personalised teachings
1pm – Lunch
*Free Time*Yogi Rest*Walks*Massages
5pm – Full and rounded 90′ practice in the Krishnamacharya tradition – Postural Yoga, Prānāyāma & Meditation – (with Céline)
7pm – Dinner followed by Satsang
Sunday 19th November 2023:
7:30am – Morning Practice & Closing Ceremony.
10am – Brunch.
11am – Check out.
The location of this Yoga & Meditation retreat in Algarve Portugal
Montevelho Retreat Center close to Carrapateira (Costa Vicentina, Algarve).
To register for or enquire about next Yoga and Meditation retreat in Portugal
Meike, Berlin Germany (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat 2021)
The retreat at Montevelho was just beautiful. I felt that the mix of yoga sessions with the Ayurveda knowledge matched perfectly. Celine and Josephine were leading the group in a very mindful way and I feel very grateful to have met them, as well as this super nice group of people. The retreat center is a dream and the food was a real treat, it was super delicious. I highly recommend their retreats!
Joël, Paris (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
Great peaceful and quiet place. Amazing teachers and so good healthy food!
Juliana, Brasil (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov.2021)
It was my second time at Monte Velho, and this place is just perfect for yoga retreats! A lot of nature and peace, an amazing spot to see both the sun rise and sunset. It was very interesting for me to know more about Ayurveda philosophy and how I can use it to balance my life and be more connected to the signs of my body. The retreat was very well thought, and carefully organised. All the classes were connected with the workshops and the food, according to the doshas we were studying on that day. I have a very pleasant experience and a lot of time to connect to myself!
Catherine, Marseille, France (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
Everything is chosen and organised with great care. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Joséphine and Céline. For my first yoga retreat experience I couldn’t have imagined so many benefits. I’m brand new, recharged, excited to do it again
Nadine, Germany (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
The retreat helped me to find trust in my body again and the joy of enjoying the moment.
Catherine, Switzerland (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov 2021)
YOGA WAYS Yoga & Ayurveda retreat at Monte Velho center has been a good starting point to improve my health habits. The learning of my Prakriti and Vikriti are giving me new tools to work. The center allowed to be out of the buzzing lives we live today, to concentrate on self. Celine, Josephine and Ayalla did a wonderful team work to help me discover who I am.
Fabienne, Portugal (Yoga & Ayurveda Nov 2021)
J’étais débutante il y a encore un peu plus de 2 mois et j’ai tenté une première retraite sous l’enseignement de Celine et Josephine. Cette première expérience a été remarquable et j’ai découvert le yoga et très rapidement un sentiment de bien-être. J’ai donc souhaite refaire une seconde expérience Yoga & Ayurveda. De cette retraite, je suis revenue extrêmement apaisée, avec le sentiment d’un profond équilibre. Les retraites avec Celine et Josephine sont réellement une cure de remise en forme physique et mental. Enfin, je commence à savoir pourquoi j’ai tel ou tel comportement et grâce aussi à la présence Ayalla, naturopathe ayurvédique, je peux mieux prendre soin de moi. Je n’ai pas de mot pour les remercier. Quelle formidable équipe !
Catherine, France (Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat Novembre 2021)
I made a great trip, a conquest in Portugal. Here I am in the 1st days of the rest of my life. Rare and precious moments. Namaste Celine
Bérengère (Yoga & Meditation retreat Mai 2021)
It was my 1st yoga retreat in Portugal with YOGA-WAYS. A unique & profound experience that I had dreamed of for quite some time. Céline and Joséphine have prepared these 5 days wonderfully well in this unique setting that enchants me. I let myself be completely carried and taken to a universe that I did not know, felt rejuvenated, rested, recharged. I liked the yoga and meditation sessions, the vegan cuisine, the hot bath, the meditation at 5:30 am, the massage, my readings, the Essencia hosts, the atmosphere…. I will come back for sure!
Catherine (Bali, 2017,2018,2019)
I got a lot of positive things out of this retreat with you: I came home fresh in my head, vigorous and joyful.
Lorraine (Bali Mai 2018)
A huge thank you for your perfect organization. A yoga retreat focused on spirituality and meditation, a very zen atmosphere in a magical place! I will be back!
Stephanie (Bali, November 2018)
Your yoga/meditation class is a beautiful invitation to an inner journey…. We let ourselves be gently carried towards harmonization, we learn to listen to our body, to better manage our stress!! Better breathing…a feeling of lightness! Thank you for your teaching, your contagious radiance! A very good balance between activities and break times… Ubud an ideal place for a retreat, accommodation a little paradise! Clasping both hands at the height of my heart, I thank you both. Namaste!-
Louisa (Bali 2017)
I live my life at 100km an hour doing everything in a hurry. This Yoga retreat in the heart of the rice fields of Bali allowed me to settle down, to refocus myself. Adjusting my movements to my breath did not It wasn’t easy at first, I even struggled a bit: then very quickly I felt my mind calm down, my body relax and recharge. From there came a beautiful energy but calmer, and more channeled than usual. On my mat, doing the exercises, I became aware of my way of functioning and it opened me to the universe of possibilities. Thank you girls for your generosity, your spirituality, and all that which you have enabled me to understand.
“Celine and Jehanne are wonderful yoga teachers – skilled in understanding one’s individual needs and expectations and customising an appropriate practice that works best to support mind and body. This is the best yoga guidance i have ever had.” –
Why should I embark on a Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Algarve, Portugal? Is this really for me?
Whether you practice yoga regularly or are a beginner who already feels the benefits of Yoga, a retreat is a rare opportunity to break out of your routine and responsibilities. It’s a break, a window of time just for you, to give the time for you mind and body to reset and find creativity again. We all need it once in a while. The programs we offer are unique and focused on personal development, while having a good time of course!
We use all the tools and knowledge of Yoga – Postures, breathing techniques, mudras and mantras, as well as varied workshops based on foundational texts and concepts of Yogi philosophy (mainly the Yoga Sutras and the sacred vedic texts) – to offer you a space to reflect and work on yourself.