✨ NEXT RETREAT : 16-20 MARCH 2022 ✨
Yoga of the elements * Ayurveda * Balance
What we offer on this 5D/4N Yoga and Ayurveda retreat in Portugal:
- Relax your body, reset your mind & restore your energy.
- Self enquiry & personal development using the tools and ancestral knowledge of Ayurveda as a foundation.
- Yoga of the elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether. Understand the ones that are dominant in you and how they influence you – your health, addictions and behaviour- on a daily basis.
- Customisation: Go back home with some practical and personalised advices that you will be able to use immediately in your daily life to feel better and more balanced.
Highlights of our Yoga and Ayurveda retreat in Portugal:
- 2 daily practices (de 90 à 120 minutes) for a good mixture of postures, breath work (prānāyāma) and mindfulness meditation
- 1 daily workshop to deepen your theoretical knowledge of Ayurveda (Presenting key principle of Ayurveda, the 3 doshas, their impact on your health and well-being. Learning to better understand them and how they influence us to be healthier and happier).
- A unique place nested in hilly Costa Vincentina. Sea view, 5 minutes away from Carrapateira and its wild beach , 25min from Aljezur, Algarve, Portugal).
- Quality food, all meals are prepared and cooked for us by a chef. 100% Vegetarian (vegan option upon request)
- 1 private consultation with an Ayurvedic Naturopath prior to the retreat to establish your doshas (basic constitution and main/dominant elements in you). Please note that if you are a returning yogi your consultation with Ayalla will go further in details.
Price & Package:
Price per person includes full board accommodation, yoga classes and workshops .
Transport to and from the retreat center, massages and other expenses are not included and will be paid separately by each participant.
Please also note that all rooms as well as the yoga room are well heated.
- Stay in Single room (1 person / 1 queen bed / 1 private bathroom): 980€.
- Stay in shared Suite (2 persons / 2 separate rooms / 1 shared attached bathroom): 800€.
- Stay in shared room (2 persons / 1 room / 1 large bed or 2 separated beds / 1 attached bathroom): 680€.
- Stay in triple or quadruple room (3 or 4 persons / 3 or 4 separate beds in 2 separated rooms / 1 attached bathroom): 680€.
- Stay in the dormitory (6 beds / 1 shared bathroom): 600€.
Before the retreat:
1 private online consultation with an ayurvedic naturopath
Wednesday 16th March 2022:
13h-17h Arrival and check in
17h00 – Welcome ceremony & Practice
19h00 – Dinner
Thu 17th / Fri 18th and Sat 19th March 2022:
7h30 – Morning Yoga practice: The elements in you
9h00 – Breakfast
10h -12h Ayurveda Workshop
13h – Lunch
*Free Time*Resting time*walk*Ayurvedic Consultation*Massage
17h – Yoga, Prānāyāma & Meditation Practice: The elements in you
19h00 – Dinner
Sunday 20th March 2022:
7h30 – Morning Practice & Ceremony
11h – Check out
Montevelho retreat centre near Carrapateira (Costa Vincentina, Algarve, Portugal).
The teachers & consultant
Céline is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist, certified in the Krishnamacharya tradition (RYS500 Yoga Alliance and Institut Français du Yoga). Passionate about Ayurveda, she has written several articles on the subject and regularly conducts workshops on Yoga and Ayurveda. Her courses and workshops are always oriented towards well-being and personal development.
Joséphine, yoga teacher passionate about movement and well-being. Her teaching style ranges from dynamic creative flows to restorative meditative practices. Josephine is also trained in wellness and therapeutic massages.
Ayalla Queiroz, ayurvedic naturopath, certified by the Luso-Brazilian Association of Ayurvedic Medicine and student of the Ayurvedic Clinic course at Yoga Brahma Vidyalaya school. My mission: To be an agent of transmission of Ayurvedic teachings and to show people that despite their difficulties living in a large metropolis, it is possible to live harmoniously and in balance with one’s own nature and that which surrounds us.
Massages can be organised on site (not included in the package, they will be payable directly on site).
To register to or ask information about our next Yoga and Ayurveda retreat in Portugal:
Booking and cancellation policy:
- A deposit of 250€ is requested to secure your slot fo this Yoga retreat in Portugal. Balanced payment will be due by 15th February 2022 (1 month prior the beginning of the retreat).
- Cancellation policy:
- In the event of a cancellation up to 2 months before the start of the stay, the deposit will be refunded less €80 management fees.
- In the event of cancellation on your part less than 2 months before the start of the stay, the deposit will not be refundable, whatever the reason for the cancellation. We invite you to take a travel insurance if you wish to cover any possible risks.
- In the event that the retreat is canceled by us, the deposit will be refunded in full.
Meike, Berlin Germany (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat 2021)
The retreat at Montevelho was just beautiful. I felt that the mix of yoga sessions with the Ayurveda knowledge matched perfectly. Celine and Josephine were leading the group in a very mindful way and I feel very grateful to have met them, as well as this super nice group of people. The retreat center is a dream and the food was a real treat, it was super delicious. I highly recommend their retreats!
Joël, Paris (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
Great peaceful and quiet place. Amazing teachers and so good healthy food!
Catherine, Switzerland (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov 2021)
YOGA WAYS Yoga & Ayurveda retreat at Monte Velho center has been a good starting point to improve my health habits. The learning of my Prakriti and Vikriti are giving me new tools to work. The center allowed to be out of the buzzing lives we live today, to concentrate on self. Celine, Josephine and Ayalla did a wonderful team work to help me discover who I am.
Mälin, Sweden (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
Lovely days in perfect harmony with the sun, ocean, nature and a peaceful mind. I actually got to taste a little bit of heaven.
Catherine, Marseille, France (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
Everything is chosen and organised with great care. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Joséphine and Céline. For my first yoga retreat experience I couldn’t have imagined so many benefits. I’m brand new, recharged, excited to do it again
Nadine, Germany (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov. 2021)
The retreat helped me to find trust in my body again and the joy of enjoying the moment.
Juliana, Brasil (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov.2021)
It was my second time at Monte Velho, and this place is just perfect for yoga retreats! A lot of nature and peace, an amazing spot to see both the sun rise and sunset. It was very interesting for me to know more about Ayurveda philosophy and how I can use it to balance my life and be more connected to the signs of my body. The retreat was very well thought, and carefully organised. All the classes were connected with the workshops and the food, according to the doshas we were studying on that day. I have a very pleasant experience and a lot of time to connect to myself!
Inês, Portugal (Yoga & Ayurveda retreat Nov 2021)
The Yoga and Ayurveda Retreat was my first retreat and I couldn’t be happier, it was an amazing experience. Everything was very well organised and I had time to practice yoga, learn, nurture myself, meditate, eat nutritious food and to have interesting conversations with amazing people that will definitely stay in my heart. I came back energised and so happy!
It was my 1st yoga retreat in Portugal with YOGA-WAYS. A unique & profound experience that I had dreamed of for quite some time. Céline and Joséphine have prepared these 5 days wonderfully well in this unique setting that enchants me. I let myself be completely carried and taken to a universe that I did not know. I rejuvenated, rested, recharged. I liked the yoga and meditation sessions, the vegan cuisine, the hot bath, the meditation at 5:30 am, the massage, my readings, the Essencia hosts, the atmosphere…. I will come back for sure!
Sophie (Participante en 2021)
Catherine (Participante en 2017, 2018, 2019)
“j’ai tiré beaucoup de choses positives de ma retraite à vos côtés: je suis rentrée fraîche dans ma tête, vigoureuse et joyeuse.”
“Celine and Jehanne are wonderful yoga teachers – skilled in understanding one’s individual needs and expectations and customising an appropriate practice that works best to support mind and body. This is the best yoga guidance i have ever had.” –
Lorraine (Participante en 2018)
“Un immense merci pour votre organisation parfaite.
Une retraite yoga axée sur la spiritualité et la meditation, une ambience très zen dans un lieu magique, a refaire sans hésitation!” –
Stephanie (Participante en 2018)
“Votre cours de yoga/méditation est une belle invitation au voyage intérieur…. On se laisse porter en douceur vers l’harmonisation, on apprend a écouter son corps, a mieux gérer son stress!! Meilleure respiration…une sensation de légèreté!
Je vous remercie pour votre enseignement, votre rayonnement contagieux!
Un très bon équilibre parmi les activités et les temps de pause… Ubud un endroit ideal pour une retraite, le logement un petit paradis! En joignant les deux mains a hauteur de mon coeur, je vous remercie toutes les deux. Namaste !” –
Louisa (Participante en 2017)
“Je vis ma vie à 100 a l’heure en faisant tout dans l’urgence. Cette retraite de Yoga au cœur des rizières de Bali m’a permis de me poser, de me recentrer. Caler mes mouvements sur mon souffle n’a pas été facile au départ, j’ai même un peu lutté : puis très vite j’ai senti mon esprit s’apaiser, mon corps se détendre et se ressourcer. De là est sortie une belle énergie mais plus calme, et plus canalisée que d’habitude. Sur mon tapis, en faisant les exercices , j’ai pris conscience de de ma façon de fonctionner et cela m’a ouvert à l’univers des possibles. Merci les filles pour votre générosité, votre spiritualité, et tout ce que vous m’avez permis de comprendre.” –
Why joining a yoga retreat? Is this for me?
Whether you are already a regular practitioner or a beginner feeling the benefits of Yoga and eager to step up his/her practice, a retreat will allow you to get away from your daily routine, your responsibilities and your commitments. A window, just for you, to give your body and mind time to reset and get creative again. We all need it from time to time. Our retreats programs are unique and focused on personal development while having a good time of course!
We use all the tools and knowledge of Yoga – Postures, breathing techniques, breath work, mudras and mantras, as well as workshops covering various topics based on the texts and founding concepts of yogic philosophy (mainly based on the Yoga Sutras and the sacred Vedic texts) – thus we offer you a platform to reflect and work on yourself.
- Le Yoga des éléments de Florence Dugowson
- Patañjali Yoga-Sūtra I Traduction et commentaire de Frans Moors
- Yoga & Ayurveda – Self-Healing and Self-Realization from David Frawley
- The Yogasūtra of Patañjali I Liberating Isolation from Frans Moor
- The heart of Yoga from TKV Desikachar