Yoga of the elements * Ayurveda * Balance
What we offer on this 4D/4N Yoga and Ayurveda retreat in Portugal:
- Relax your body, reset your mind & restore your energy.
- Self enquiry & personal development using the tools and ancestral knowledge of Ayurveda as a foundation.
- Yoga of the elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether. Understand the ones that are dominant in you and how they influence you – your health, addictions and behaviour- on a daily basis.
- Customisation: Go back home with some practical and personalised advices that you will be able to use immediately in your daily life to feel better and more balanced.
Highlights of our Yoga and Ayurveda retreat in Portugal:
- 2 daily practices (de 90 à 120 minutes) for a good mixture of postures, breath work (prānāyāma) and mindfulness meditation
- 1 daily workshop to deepen your theoretical knowledge of Ayurveda (Presenting key principle of Ayurveda, the 3 doshas, their impact on your health and well-being. Learning to better understand them and how they influence us to be healthier and happier).
- A unique place nested in hilly Costa Vincentina. Sea view, 5 minutes away from Carrapateira and its wild beach , 25min from Aljezur, Algarve, Portugal).
- Maximum 18 participants
- Quality food, all meals are prepared and cooked for us by a chef. 100% Vegetarian (vegan option upon request)
- 1 private consultation with an Ayurvedic Naturopath prior to the retreat to establish your doshas (basic constitution and main/dominant elements in you)
Price & Package:
Price per person includes full board accommodation, yoga classes and workshops .
Transport to and from the retreat center, massages and other expenses are not included and will be paid separately by each participant.
Please also note that all rooms as well as the yoga shala are well heated.
- Stay in Single room (1 person / 1 queen bed / 1 private bathroom): 840€.
- Stay in shared Suite (2 persons / 2 separate rooms or 1 shared bedroom & 1 living area / 1 shared bathroom): 700€.
- Stay in triple or quadruple room (3 or 4 persons / 3 or 4 separate beds in 2 separated rooms / 1 bathroom): 660€.
Before the retreat:
1 private online consultation with an ayurvedic naturopath
Wednesday 10th November 2021:
Arrival and setting
19h – Diner
Thu 11th / Fri 12th and Sat 13th November 2021:
7h30 – Morning Yoga practice: The elements in you
9h00 – Breakfast
10h -12h Ayurveda Workshop
12h – Lunch
*Free Time*Resting time*walk**Massage
17h – Yoga, Prānāyāma & Meditation Practice: The elements in you
19h – Dinner
Sunday 14th November 2021:
8h – Morning Practice & Ceremony
11h – Check out
Montevelho retreat centre near Carrapateira (Costa Vincentina, Algarve, Portugal).
The teachers & consultant
Céline is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist, certified in the Krishnamacharya tradition (RYS500 Yoga Alliance and Institut Français du Yoga). Passionate about Ayurveda, she has written several articles on the subject and regularly conducts workshops on Yoga and Ayurveda. Her courses and workshops are always oriented towards well-being and personal development.
Joséphine, yoga teacher passionate about movement and well-being. Her teaching style ranges from dynamic creative flows to restorative meditative practices. Josephine is also trained in wellness and therapeutic massages.
Ayalla Queiroz, ayurvedic naturopath, certified by the Luso-Brazilian Association of Ayurvedic Medicine and student of the Ayurvedic Clinic course at Yoga Brahma Vidyalaya school. My mission: To be an agent of transmission of Ayurvedic teachings and to show people that despite their difficulties living in a large metropolis, it is possible to live harmoniously and in balance with one’s own nature and that which surrounds us.
Massages can be organised on site (not included in the package, they will be payable directly on site).
Booking and cancellation policy:
- A 30% deposit is requested to secure your slot fo this Yoga retreat in Portugal. Balanced 70% will be due by the end of August 2021 (1 month prior the beginning of the retreat).
- Cancellation policy:
- In the event of a cancellation up to 2 months before the start of the stay, the deposit will be refunded less €80 management fees.
- In the event of cancellation on your part less than 2 months before the start of the stay, the deposit will not be refundable, whatever the reason for the cancellation. We invite you to take a travel insurance if you wish to cover any possible risks.
- In the event that the retreat is canceled by us, the deposit will be refunded in full.
To register to or ask information about our next Yoga and Ayurveda retreat in Portugal:
It was my 1st yoga retreat in Portugal with YOGA-WAYS. A unique & profound experience that I had dreamed of for quite some time. Céline and Joséphine have prepared these 5 days wonderfully well in this unique setting that enchants me. I let myself be completely carried and taken to a universe that I did not know. I rejuvenated, rested, recharged. I liked the yoga and meditation sessions, the vegan cuisine, the hot bath, the meditation at 5:30 am, the massage, my readings, the Essencia hosts, the atmosphere…. I will come back for sure!
Sophie (Participante en 2021)
Catherine (Participante en 2017, 2018, 2019)
“j’ai tiré beaucoup de choses positives de ma retraite à vos côtés: je suis rentrée fraîche dans ma tête, vigoureuse et joyeuse.”
“Celine and Jehanne are wonderful yoga teachers – skilled in understanding one’s individual needs and expectations and customising an appropriate practice that works best to support mind and body. This is the best yoga guidance i have ever had.” –
Lorraine (Participante en 2018)
“Un immense merci pour votre organisation parfaite.
Une retraite yoga axée sur la spiritualité et la meditation, une ambience très zen dans un lieu magique, a refaire sans hésitation!” –
Stephanie (Participante en 2018)
“Votre cours de yoga/méditation est une belle invitation au voyage intérieur…. On se laisse porter en douceur vers l’harmonisation, on apprend a écouter son corps, a mieux gérer son stress!! Meilleure respiration…une sensation de légèreté!
Je vous remercie pour votre enseignement, votre rayonnement contagieux!
Un très bon équilibre parmi les activités et les temps de pause… Ubud un endroit ideal pour une retraite, le logement un petit paradis! En joignant les deux mains a hauteur de mon coeur, je vous remercie toutes les deux. Namaste !” –
Louisa (Participante en 2017)
“Je vis ma vie à 100 a l’heure en faisant tout dans l’urgence. Cette retraite de Yoga au cœur des rizières de Bali m’a permis de me poser, de me recentrer. Caler mes mouvements sur mon souffle n’a pas été facile au départ, j’ai même un peu lutté : puis très vite j’ai senti mon esprit s’apaiser, mon corps se détendre et se ressourcer. De là est sortie une belle énergie mais plus calme, et plus canalisée que d’habitude. Sur mon tapis, en faisant les exercices , j’ai pris conscience de de ma façon de fonctionner et cela m’a ouvert à l’univers des possibles. Merci les filles pour votre générosité, votre spiritualité, et tout ce que vous m’avez permis de comprendre.” –
Why joining a yoga retreat? Is this for me?
Whether you are already a regular practitioner or a beginner feeling the benefits of Yoga and eager to step up his/her practice, a retreat will allow you to get away from your daily routine, your responsibilities and your commitments. A window, just for you, to give your body and mind time to reset and get creative again. We all need it from time to time. Our retreats programs are unique and focused on personal development while having a good time of course!
We use all the tools and knowledge of Yoga – Postures, breathing techniques, breath work, mudras and mantras, as well as workshops covering various topics based on the texts and founding concepts of yogic philosophy (mainly based on the Yoga Sutras and the sacred Vedic texts) – thus we offer you a platform to reflect and work on yourself.
- Le Yoga des éléments de Florence Dugowson
- Patañjali Yoga-Sūtra I Traduction et commentaire de Frans Moors
- Yoga & Ayurveda – Self-Healing and Self-Realization from David Frawley
- The Yogasūtra of Patañjali I Liberating Isolation from Frans Moor
- The heart of Yoga from TKV Desikachar