Yogis and friends
At this time of the year viruses tend to be more aggressive. Especially this year!
Of course keeping a healthy lifestyle is important: eat well, sleep well, do yoga and smile, laugh, have fun!
I’d like also like to share with you (especially with my Asian friends) these piece of advise from Juliet Wong (The Natural Clinic). Years back Juliet changed my life by teaching me GrandMa’s natural remedies which are very much part of my life now (and my family too ! Ask my kids about garlic and Manuka honey 😂) . So I am happy to spread the word as much as I can about her knowledge if it can help more people!
So read the TIPS to boost your immune system from my friend Juliet Wong from the Natural Clinic in Singapore
TIPS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- High levels of Vitamin C – viruses CANNOT survive in an environment high in Vitamin C. Take 2000 to 3000mg a day (for the whole family! If anybody gets an upset tummy, just reduce its dose!) FOODS HIGH IN VIT C – Thyme, cabbage, parsley, onions, lemons and limes (oranges if they are grown in Singapore: )
- Zinc – children up to 12 years – 8mg, Adults – 15mg. FOODS HIGH IN ZINC – Ginger, Pumpkin Seeds, Meat ( good quality), Lentils.
- Vitamin D3 – 2- 4000iu’s (less for children higher for adults) and get out into the sun!!
- Probiotics (multi strain) – 10-50 Billion cells a day (Strong stomach strong = strong immune system!!)
- Manuka Honey ( UMF +15) – 2 tsp a day – one teaspoon in the morning and one teaspoon at night
- Essential oils – EOs are excellent to start burning in your room and in your homes!! Our first point of contact for viruses is our nose. If you are burning antiviral essential oils around you this will kill off the virus before it enters your system.
Also doing inhalations with the oils is a great way to make sure that
if there is any virus lurking in your nose, you kill it before it has a
WHICH OILS? – Tea Tree, Lavender, Clove Bud, Lemon, Ravensara and Eucalyptus Globulus – use all or choose three from this list – diffuse in your house, spray into the rooms with a spray bottle and make your own mix (1 Tablespoon of base oil – Olive, Sunflower, Almond – add in a mix of up to 10 drops of the above oils).
Rub your mix daily on the spine and the soles of your feet. Concentrating at the top of the spine, behind the back of your head, on the ‘Big Bone (those who have my book it’s acupressure point, Du16 point).
- Other herbal tinctures you might want to get and start giving your family-
- Oregano oil (5- 10 drops a day if you have the pure oil – be careful it is super strong!! I would suggest 5 drops in the morning and 5 drops in the evening! OR if you have the pills 500mg 2 x a day)
- Echinacea – 500mg a day
- Drink lots good quality water!!! Water is crucial for everything but especially to help flush things out of our body!!
- Keep good hygiene – washing hands after you have been out and wearing a mask if you are going to crowded places!
A HELPFUL RECIPE!! – IMMUNE BOOSTING TEA
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 Handful of fresh Thyme or 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 inches of ginger (pounded so juices are released)
- Manuka honey +15 (to taste but I recommend 2 teaspoons for therapeutic value)
- 1-Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove of fresh garlic – (I add this in at night so I don’t smell of garlic all day!!)
Put the Thyme into a cup or teapot poor hot boiling water on top and
let the Thyme sit for 15 minutes. Remove the Thyme after it has infused
into the water, then add in all the rest of the ingredients. Crush the
whole clove of garlic at the end and leave all the bits in. You can
double to recipe and drink throughout the day.
LASTLY – please do not PANIC– stress lowers our immunity! And not every fever or flu like symptoms is the coronavirus! It is also flu season so be vigilant and smart but don’t panic!
Here is the link to my book, if you want more detailed information:
Wishing you all the best in health, love and life!!
The Natural Clinic